Back story: This morning I had to go to my apartment managers office to drop off leases and pick up keys. There was a chance they were going to charge me $153 for this, as it is the 28th, not the first. And I had to take four busses to make this happen.At least it was not hailing
HHHHHEEEEEEEYYYYYY! So nice to get a non-work email at my work work email address.
Everything went completely smooth this morning with the landlord. Geesh. Their office was like a government/post/prison office; glass separation, small hole to pass documents through...like WHAT has happened to this management company? Did they used to have tenants that would pay their rent in cash and then immediately hold them at gun point? Hmm.
However, I did miss my stop this morning on the fullerton bus, and then the bus driver lady was pretty rude to me when I asked her a question, then she ignored me while I stood leaning behind the yellow line for two stops, then she looked back and me and said "WHAT?! I nodded, didn't I?" Muttering under her breath completed the neighborly exchange.
I seriously almost cried. I was like, poor Ruth. She's done with busses today. And then I thought, hey, there's a brown line stop right by the apartment management office! I'll just take that! But you know what, apparently it's shut down right now so I called tim for help and ended up crying cause I was just so frustrated after dealing with just barely enough information from Not For Tourists and my scribbled transit notes. I ended up taking my previously planned bus ride back to Michigan Ave and it went fine after that. Stupid menstrual cycle. Always makes me cry. That's the good thing about the big city though. I was like, that's right, Irving Park Bus 80! I'm crying. You deal with it.
I HAVE THE KEYS! Is the point of this email.
So tonight I think I'll be home around 8:30 p.m., and you and I can show Mai the apartment, drop off my dress clothes, and then maybe an appetizer and weekly special drink at the street side/side street?
Ahhhh. That sounds lovely.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you guys have an apartment locked down! Can't wait to visit and tear up Chicago!
I can not sympathize with all that womanly stuff, but yeah, bus drivers are jerks. We had the assiest bus driver in SF, and we were lucky to stay off of his bad side.
I was just about to mention the same thing Aaron just did, in reference to one of the bus drivers we had in SF.
In October you will be a bus expert, and perhaps you and sassy bus lady will be best of friends by then.
Yeah, I am being overly optimistic on that one.
Who knows? Maybe usually she's great, and she's PMSing too? And you two are cycling together! Yay!
Seriously, busses stress me out, too.
Post a Comment