Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday in New York.

Okay! This morning I learned how to go green in the arts world, with tips from Wolf Trap and one of the Blue Man Group's many blue men. Did you know that they asked the supplier's of their blue face paint to start packaging the stuff in biodegradable or recyclable bins? Even though they throw away a couple of miles of trash bags and when they calculate the distance that their audience drives to their carbon foot print....whoa.

Then I said hello tim, wished him well at MoMA, and headed down to hear the plenary speaker for the day. Got off the elevator and was like...hey! That's Danny Glover! oh yeah, that's the plenary speaker.

So Mr. Glover is sooo much more than that guy from Lethal Weapon. Got questions on Haiti? Cuba? (coo-bah)? Latin America? whatev? He is like, giving feedback to the leaders of these countries; at least a couple in south america. really amazing.

Then what did I do? I laid around. I watched "Made" on MTV.

Then off to pizza and my first ever Broadway musical, Spring Awakening.

Words cannot describe. Very amazing. Funny, compelling, historically and culturally relevant. Oh, also? Our rush tickets put us SMACK DAB next to the stage. Not only could we see every ball of saliva pouring off the lead's lips, our feet were next to the theatre subs, and we enjoyed laps full of fog during the final cemetery scene. Seriously, lovely.

Tomorrow: one more session, one more experience at the conference, a trip to MoMA for me, and then taking in another show with Shannon. Yesss.
Oh yeah. then back to Cincinnati.

No comments: