Monday, August 11, 2008

If I don't make it home tonight...

Just check on this route. I'll probably be dragging my feet and panting, cursing myself for skipping weekday runs last week.

UPDATE: Went a bit off course today, and followed this path instead. More park running meant lots of wild flowers, geese, no car noise, and soft paths for my shins and knees. Unfortunately, it was my muscles that crumbled like so much feta cheese, not my bones. At about 11.5 miles, I thought, wow, this it what it feels like to pay for not running during the week! Hrmph.

I made it two hours (12.5 miles) before calling it quits and walking to the nearest bus stop. Whooo! Feel bad for the lady sitting next to me. By the time I made it home, Tim had a huge surprise. Tator tot scramble has officially been surpassed:



The new king pin of Tim's culinary skill is affectionately called "hispanic hamburger helper, but actually good." okay, that's more of a description than a title. Regardless, it was wonderful to come home after a long run and a short bus ride and have a hot home cooked meal.

Three cheers for Ruth and Tim!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

This is funny because I totally map out my runs for Kate and say "If I'm not back by this time, come drive this backwards."

I also carry a cell phone and toilet paper. I've never had to use the cell phone.

nadarine said...

Dear lord. That is impressive to the point of fear. Good job!

nydampress said...

Good work kiddo!!
Oh and I love to click on the elevation chart of your route,and remind myself of the pancake flatness of Chicago. Me likey flat marathon course.

For inspiration be sure to catch the women's marathon on NBC this Sat. at 7pm!

JJ and EJ said...

Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!