Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I totally thought of this.

After surviving both macro economics and finance 712, i had a great idea to get a mathematical equation tattooed on my body. you know, cause those facts of life are inescapable. Then this guy stole my idea and bought a ticket to lollapalooza. Dang!

Update for last blog entry: to was a didgeridoo. With only a SMALL CRACK filled with beeswax that apparently did not hurt the tone. Heh.

5 comments:

nydampress said...

Tons of guys from WPI have equations and such tattooed on them. "Tons" is a relative term, since I am exaggerating it off of some of Aaron's stories.

Were you really considering this??

. said...

yes. i can't remember which equation i was enthralled with, but i was really considering it.

I want to say it was actually an economics thingy...def macro though.

Lyz said...

You'd so hate it in 5 years, esp when you couldn't remember what it was for, and you just have an arm (or leg, or shoulder) full of numbers. Or letters, I guess.

Unless your life IS math. Then I would pity you.

Aaron said...

My friend had the fundamental theorem of calculus tattooed on his arm, and another dude had some fluid dynamics equation on him.

Liz, equations are the coolest tattoos. You will NEVER forget what it means or how to use it, especially if it is something you use a lot/is fundamental to your understanding of the world (like the calculus and fluid dynamics ones).

I also met a guy who has logic gates tattooed on his knuckles. Nobody will know what that means, but as an electrical engineer, it is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Noel said...

Coming from a generation which prefers its ink on t-shirts to body parts, Maxwell's equations were an '80s EE T-shirt dream (I didn't get one, but suppose I could make one now that ink jet printers and t-shirt transfers have been invented...)

For economics equations, I would pick Black-Scholes.

For physics, nothing is more classic than Newtonian motion. Just a simple

f = ma

It's after 11:00 PM and I should get to bed and drift off to sleep thinking about which equations I would get tattoos of and where I would put them if only I had been born in a different place and time...time warps...yah, Lyz's blog....