Thursday, February 12, 2009

so tim and i are really on the money skids right now, which is kinda of like a little mosquito buzzing in my ear.

"bzzzz...why did you invite people over for dinner when all you can afford is a nice dinner for you and tim?"

"why do you keep torturing yourself by buying more tickets to plays you can't afford, even though you're only looking at tickets that are about $10bzzzzzzz..."

"why didn't youbzzzzzzzzzz double check your automatic check deduction account number? if you did buzzz then you wouldn't owe them $70 in NSF charges."

"bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

"buzz buzz you are poor buzzz."

I know we are not poor. We have a car that works and heat and two cats that eat their weight in food every hour. So we are thankful...but still trying to find ways to tighten the belt instead of cramping our lifestyle, man.

2 comments:

nadarine said...

I've been watching my expenses like whoah lately. I have newfound dependence upon:
-dvds from the library rather than the video store
-dried beans for protein. Ok, that sounds sad, but a big bag of white beans or lentils will feed you FOREVAH, esp when combined with some cheap mustard greens from Tony's
-forcing the cat to lay upon my legs as I sleep so I don't have to turn the heat on. Man, my heat bill has actually doubled since Noah went to Asia and we can't just turn off the heat at night and keep each other warm.

nadarine said...

oh! and making lattes at home! My stovetop espresso machine is well worth it. It feels so indulgent to make fresh espresso each morning and have that with honey in a real cup, rather than spending $1.75 or whatnot for it en route to class. Civilized AND cheap, esp if I have managed to scam a free pound of espresso from Courtney/Starbucks.