Thursday, March 20, 2008

What the world...needs now...is sneezing...sweet sneezing.

So I was driving to work today and behind me was a BMW with a tough lookin' white kid---baseball hat on in the 4 o'clock position (sorta backwards and swervy), wearing a hooded sweatshirt, probably some sort of large necklace thingy, sunglasses...really pushing for that thug look. And i was kinda watching him, cause he seemed to have a 14-year-old indian kid in his passenger seat that was like 100 pounds. CLearly I was intrigued. And immediately I thought...hmmmm. Thug in BMW. Drug dealer? Is that his junior high school contact? Did they just pick up some drugs at 10 a.m. and are now heading to Mt. Washington Middle School for illegal drug sales in the quad?

And then.

The big guy sneezed. He squeezed his eyes shut, covered his nose and mouth with both hands and lost control of his body for about 2 seconds. And he had to recover for a bit; wipe his hands off, check his face out in the mirror, shake his head back and forth a bit to re-establish that yes, he was driving, and yes, okay, deep breath, he's ready to drive again.

And I thought...he looked like a bunny! Like a furry little bunny sneezing in a field of clover.

And i wondered if in any gang stand offs (like the ones i see in saturday afternoon movies on Fox 19)there would be one guy staring down another guy and all of a sudden one sneezes and the other guy was like, oh man, gesundheit. Let's figure this out over some homde made muffins. It kinda made me morph the fictional drug selling gangsters into frog and toad.

So I found this video and thought it worked well for this post about how sneezing could really get people to realize that we're all just human. or mammals. In summary, sneezes are cute.

2 comments:

Lyz said...

Okay, so I totally didn't see the baby panda until after the sneeze, and for a split second thought she sneezed that cub out. And I thought, "I hope that never happens to me!"

. said...

ewwww.