Only one more four page essay to go, fools! Then I'm done with my last ever autumn quarter of graduate school. To celebrate finishing two papers today, I decided to get rid of all the stoopid books I do not want to move to Chicago. Do they look interesting? Because there's a couple I loved, a couple I needed, and a couple I didn't even crack. I leave it up to you to determine my love for them based on their descriptions below. Enjoy!
1. Managing Behavior in Organizations
Only the first chapter is highlighted...oh yeah. That's right. Manage the behavior in THAT.
2. Leading Teams
Hard cover. Devistatingly beautiful condition. It told me that it has been having dreams about you, about moving in with you and starting a smart, team based family. Please, give it the home it wants and needs.
3. The Discipline of Teams
This innocent book has been violated by one lone highlighted streak. Don't judge. Just love. (whispers) Buy. Buy ME.
4. Successful Fundraising for Arts and Cultural Organizations
Oh, this book. This book and me go back a long way. And by a long way, I mean, like one quarter of homework, grantwriting, and three months of putting off my final esaay and paper. SAY IT AIN'T SO!
5. Financial Accounting: An Introduction to Concepts, Methods, and Uses
Mmmm. Glossy hard cover. Inside covers brimming with ratios, summaries, rules and terms. This is no regular book. And it deserves and special owner. Not someone who simply enjoys accounting. But actually, that's fine too. All aboard! Financial Accounting is leaving the station!
6. Financial & Strategic Management for Nonprofit Organizations
This book here only has markings where the good stuff is. Gotta get it with your good foot, nonprofit managers.
7. How To Run a Theatre
Hey, I don't even need this book on my shelf! I bought it early, and then professor didn't get tenure...sooooahh...gotta get this puppy off my hands. Help a lady out.
8. The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator
Comments: Hey negotiators, let's "expand the pie" and make ourselves a deal. What? Didn't catch me lingo? Well, once this book is in your grubby paws, you'll be talking like a real gosher (that's short for negotiator) in no time.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hill-arious. What a good writing prompt! Some of those even look interesting...not that I'm going to buy them. I have my own textbooks to haul along with every move!
Wow Ruth, you are very convincing! Looks like you learned a lot from book #8.
But I am afraid I am going to have to pass :)
Post a Comment