Saturday, October 18, 2008

Find of the week.

On my list of things to do today:

Vote for Obama/Biden --- done and done
Donate stray pieces of clothing and Dave's old running shoes at Salvation Army - finito
Drop off multiple pants for alterations - donesky
Fix glass on original artwork --- repairo! (Harry Potter assisted a bit)
Pick up gliders for wooden chairs --- mission accomplished
Find pivotal piece of art to start gallery on north living room wall for $9.90 ----

Perfection.

This little baby leopard will be the capstone to my living room. Feeling soooo goooooooood. And walking a mile back to my apartment with this kitten monstrosity, through greasy puddles, past sleepy eyed hipsters, and getting a weary eye full from several discriminating hispanic women only made me appreciate what my neighborhood has to offer.

After storing my meower of power at Sawyer Ave, a neighbor down the street asked me if I had gotten lucky at a garage sale. I tried to side track him by talking about the size/difficulty of transporting the framed artwork, but he inquired again about what I had actually purchased.

"Um, it's kinda funny...it's a funny print...it's a big baby leopard."

Confusion. Opposite of shared excitement. I think he actually took a step away from me.

"Oh."

Ruth stands awkwardly.

"Ah, you must be a cat lady, huh?"

No! I'm not a cat lady. Would a cat lady return home after multiple errands and take multiple pictures of her cat on the table loving up the peanut butter and laptop? Huh. Didn't think so. Anyway, here are some pictures I just took of Mimi.

cat creation.

5 comments:

Liz Stine said...

LOVE the baby leopard. so cute and so randomly ruth! some friends of ours have a HUGE painting of a persian cat...ohhh yeaaaaahhhhh...

nydampress said...

Just another reason why I love you Ruth, that cat poster is out of this world.

Also, seeing pictures of Mimi have now taken on a new meaning for me. Now that I have had the privileged of having her (large) kitty body purrrring on my lap :)

nydampress said...

Damn you spell checker for taking my hastily typed "privilege" and turning it into "privileged".

Lyz said...

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I still have some kitty posters from back in the Hebron days...You could do a whole theme!

Or not. Whatevs.

Anonymous said...

UHMMmmm could you come to my house and go through my storage space,I have old press proofs from the publishing company I worked for so I think I could donate that to your art wall. ALSO, BIG ALSO, I was going through my old momentos and found a great ruthy christmas present that was given to me, a collage of the 7 dancing princess . I think you would get a kick out of it especially because all the princesses are thin (stick figures) and blonde!!!