Saturday, September 13, 2008

Psychological Cat Torturer.

I got up this morning hoping it wouldn't be raining, and of course the precipitation has been so thoroughly agressive that my floors and curtains are soaked even though my windows are closed. I don't know how that happens. As sister-in-law Liz says, "Dear Ethiopia, you think you got problems..."

No 18 mile run for me today, but perhaps a 4.5 mile run in the afternoon if it ever lets up. Here is the link for Sunday morning, my new goal time for the second to last big run.

Instead of eating oatmeal, icing my knees, and stretching, I found myself watching this:



After about a minute, I felt like I was hoarding this video to myself. I turned the lap top so Mimi McMeemersons, ever-so-catly stretched out on the kitchen table, could also enjoy this kitten. She watched for a bit, but then she watched me. And gave me the cat stink eye. I think that putting this video in front of Mimi was like that time I was watching a news magazine show and out of no where they played a scene involving a hand saw and a face from Hostel, the movie about rich people paying to torture and kill unsuspecting kids on Euro trip.

I'm sorry, Mimi. I know those desperate, swatting kitty paws will stay with you for a while, but the trick is NOT to think of them...don't think of them...those poor, sad teenagers.

2 comments:

nydampress said...

I would certainly let that kitten "nom nom" on my hand!

I checked the weather in your neck of the woods. 60% chance of rain. I say gut it out and that gives you EVEN MORE bragging rights!!

Liz Stine said...

i love the kitten at the end of the video: "wait! i can't believe you're done messing with me! i'm still PURRRRRRING!!!!"