Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stine Family Reunion.

55 Stines. Bemidji, Minnesota. Hundreds of games of wist. Thousands of servings of beer, wine, and pizza. Lovely, lovely times.
STINE TIME.

Seriously, I had a GREAT time spending 5 whole days with the Stines. I can now draw out a flawless family tree that goes back 3 generations, I learned about the mother of the "Stine Boys," who died in 1939 at the age of 56, and I got to know many of the Stine ladies.

Peg, Velaria, and Linny.
Peg, Velaria, and Linney.


This is Doug's face when preparing to dig into a 3' slab of prime rib.
Doug Stine loves beef.

We also went to Itasca State Park, went to the head waters of the great Mississippi, biked 12 miles, ate lunch, and saw this strange site---hundreds of baby bullhead fish. A mommy lurked closely, but I still can't figure out if they are from eggs or external fertilized. Ew.

Do fish have live babies?

Also, Tim and I have spent more time with Scotty and Liz than Dave and Jess so far! Love Scott and Liz---we are a triangle of unity when Tim takes big brother pills. Also---Liz and I really want to attend Hogwarts together.
Stine = Stiner = Beer

1 comment:

nydampress said...

Wow what is it about midwest families and their matching t-shirts made for family reunions?

Looks like you had a great time. But nothing compared to the time you are going to have in October ;)