
This is my new hairstyle. I think it looks cute. Tim hates it. He would prefer I didn't leave the house looking like this. I think it looks nice and Nordic. We've agreed to disagree.
Other places where I have conceded to Tim: his demand for more beef stroganoff in our lives. I have a great recipe that hailed from my great aunt Clara, on the Mische side (which i am strongly resembling in the photo below). This morning Tim and I went to our local grocery store: where the produce is cheap, the meat section is diverse, and speaking English is optional. I was browsing in the pre-wrapped beef area, and the butcher offered to help me find something. I'm always game for advice from the experts, so I told him I needed a cut that was thin and good for pan frying.
Hmmm...says the bilingual butcher. He takes in the breadth of beef choices he has in front of him and then grabs a package. Here, you want this, and he hands me a tray of thin cut, very marbled meat labeled "Boneless Top Blade Steak."
This? I ask.
Yes, yes, this is the best, he says. This is really the best, it's tender and very good for you. And it's on special right now.
I must have looked a little quizzical, like, hey, what are you, you trying to pawn this discount meat on me? Hm?
So he says, This is baby foot.
HUH? I say.
You know, baby food, when you make baby food with beef, this is the beef you use. It's really the best. Really good, really tender.
Ohhhhhh. I say, Okay! And we just cooked up that beef and it really was the best stroganoff I've had in a long time. Tender, and just the right texture for baby foot.
Here's Tim and I at our friend Dana's fabulous birthday party last night. I spent most of the night showering Yitzak the cat with attention. When we arrived, I couldn't stop saying Merry Christmas! instead of Happy Birthday! or Nice to see you again!
Happy Birthday, Dana! You're the tops.
8 comments:
I am totally in favor of the Awesome Braid Hairstyle.
And awwww, you are the best. I had a blast with you last night!
I also LOVE the hair style!!
Kaye
thanks ladies! logan square represent.
I think you look like Heidi. Heidi rocks.:)
I like the new Ru ru hairstyle. I have a new hairstyle too that involves twisties and bobby pins. imagine if we were both wearing our goddess-eque hairstyles when the bartender said "Ruth and Mary, huh?" miss you. and tim tim.
I love the hair and I am so so jealous that mine can't do that YET.... slowly... we will have to run around on your parents farm well the boys yawn as i live one of my fantasy of being laura ingalls wilder... that or a girl who can wear her hair in a braid and be barefoot and look totally hot doing it!!!
wheeeeee mary and hannah! mary, if hannah was with us at a bar, it would even MORE biblical. also, please share photos of new hair style. us thick-headed ladies got to stick together.
hannah, i just read your post about the NSSSA. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and again, the sketch of archie made me cry.
NICE PICTURES
Post a Comment