Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts.

Introduce:
I have been living in Chicago for a little more than two years with my husband Tim. We live in the wonderful neighborhood of Logan Square. I like to bike, but Tim doesn't. We are proud cat parents of Mimi and Birdie, who we got off Craigslist in Cincinnati.

Recent picture: This is not me (which I think is the assignment), but a cake that I made for my friend Kaye's 80th birthday (ha! just kidding).

kaye's birthday!

15 Interesting facts.
1. Weekend plans: karaoke with colleagues, jazz with husband, volunteer work with the Arts & Business Council. I wish it included something more like this.
2.Three siblings, including one twin brother, and four siblings in-law. I love my parents and in-laws and feel incredibly lucky to have them in my life.
3. Married: August 20, 2005, age 23.
4. Doting aunt of five little nephews and one neice (Leah, Ben, Adam, David, Henry, Archie). Notice none are named after, say, a charming and influential person named Ruth. Yet.
5. Favorite theatres in Chicago: Steppenwolf & The New Colony.
6. Favorite food/drink in Chicago: Piece Brewery and Pizzeria.
7. Own a piano, Rhodes stage piano, and Rhodes keyboard. Would like to own a Rickenbacker bass someday.
8. Rent an apartment with a long hallway.
9. Love to pick up some Newberries for relaxing reading.
10. STILL reading The Brothers Karamazov after the book club picked it last June. If I had not already made it through The Count of Monte Cristo at the insistence of my sister, Liz, I might have bowed out.
11. Sang at each of my sibling's weddings.
12. Most recent purchase: table that seats up to 10 for $60 off Craigslist.
13. Most recent friend visit: Gwen and Linda in Madison, where I learned my new favorite nick name for Bismark, ND (Skidmark).
14. Most recent Chicago discovery: $1 cheese pizza slices at the Boiler Room on Tuesdays with any drink.
15. Upcoming expected house guest: Ryan from Minneapolis, October 14-22.

2 comments:

JJ and EJ said...

Oooh! I love the blog challenge! I also love that you've started again! Your MIL isn't the only one that likes to see what the Chicago McBerg-Stines are up to! ; )

Lyz said...

I noticed that you said you love your parents and in-laws...but not siblings?! Or maybe you meant parents-in-law?:)

I cannot have a daughter named Ruth. Then there would be TWO sets of Aaron & Ruth for me to differentiate between. (Note for the rest of you - my husband's name is Aaron, as is Ruth's twin brother. ALREADY CONFUSING.)


Did you love The Count of Monte Cristo? All time favorite book. Have I mentioned that lately?