Jeremy and Rita came over last night. We told them we had cabbage, tofu, sweet potatoes, and onions. They brought over mushrooms, parsley, and wine. Jeremy is a much better cook than I, so I committed to making our little cupcake friend above. Jeremy and Rita committed to making cabbage roles, without knowing that when we said "cabbage," we meant "purple cabbage." Also, Jeremy later admitted that all along he was picturing lettuce wraps, not cabbage rolls. So basically, we're lucky we ate at all.
Um, let's see...things we learned. Cabbage rolls take HOURS to make. If I was in a spelling bee and had to spell "parsley," I would definitely fall prey to the bell. Jeremy learned to cook with mushrooms. I learned that even if you husband turns down the oven down to 270 (!!!) in the middle of baking 12 mini souffles, those little souffles will be just fine so SORRY, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I DIDN'T MEAN TO RUIN YOUR STUPID CUPCAKES ALREADY, says Tim. We also learned that boiling a purple cabbage turns the water a nice shade of window cleaner blue.
Recipes used: Picadillo Purple Cabbage Rolls, Parsley Garlic Butter sauce, and Chocolate Souffle Cupcakes with Mint Cream.

And then I took a nap on the couch. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment